Become a DAV Volunteer
LVAP initiatives are managed by state-level DAV departments. Individual volunteers and groups may report their time for a variety of activities, many of which are a reflection of the unique needs of the local veterans community. Referenced below are just a few examples of how volunteers, DAV chapters, Auxiliary units and corporations can share their skills, talents, professional abilities and time in ways that benefit veterans.
- Work to support DAV departments and chapters
- DAV-specific outreach efforts
- Fundraising efforts (Forget-Me-Not and other approved fundraisers)
- Direct assistance to veterans, widows/widowers, or families, such as yard work, home repairs, grocery shopping, respite care for caregivers, etc.
- Offering pro bono professional services, or using a skill or trade to provide training or support to veterans, their families or DAV entities
- Support activities for homeless veterans
- Involvement in community activities that support and encourage veterans
If you have an interest in serving heroes in our community, please feel free to contact the DAV department in your area or the DAV Voluntary Services Department by emailing [email protected] or calling 877-426-2838.