As one of the nation’s leading veteran service organizations, DAV’s successes on behalf of veterans rely solely on the strength and engagement of its members, which help ensure veterans’ issues are properly addressed in your local community and in Washington.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any service member who was not dishonorably discharged and sustained an injury or illness during their time in the military—whether service connected by the VA or not—or anyone who aggravated a previous injury during his or her time in service, is eligible for DAV membership so long as they served during a period of armed conflict (does not have to be direct combat).
It’s well known that DAV’s services, including professional help with VA claims, transition and employment assistance DAV provides ALL veterans—all of which are provided at no cost to veterans—do not require membership in DAV.
However, DAV members do get savings on Ford vehicles and year-round discounted pricing on hotel and rental car rates—just to name a few perks. You also get a free subscription to DAV Magazine.
But most importantly – especially if you were helped by DAV – becoming a member gives you the opportunity to pay it forward and add your voice to help your fellow veterans.
Either way, joining DAV’s ranks brings individual perks and strengthens the voices of our nation’s veterans in your local community and in Washington.
Learn more about becoming a DAV member by visiting dav.org/join-2 and help fulfill the promises to the men and women who served.
- Helps returning veterans transition back to civilian life by linking them with services that address their physical, emotional, and financial needs.
- Provides free, professional assistance to veterans of all generations in obtaining VA and other government benefits earned through service.
- Fights for veterans’ rights on Capitol Hill.
- Links veterans to job training and job assistance programs.
- Funds rehabilitation programs for veterans with severe disabilities, such as blindness or amputation
DAV’s Life Membership Dues will increase to $325 effective January 1, 2024
DAV life membership = $300
Veterans age 80 or older = FREE
Life membership payments are non-refundable and are not tax deductible.
As a DAV Member, in addition to our programs and free services, you are entitled to Member Advantages, which gives you access to a variety of important programs, products and services. Also included with your membership is a FREE subscription to DAV Magazine.