Donate clothing and other items to DAV
Donating new and gently used items to support DAV and veterans is simple and easy! The proceeds from your donation allows DAV to continue providing a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families.
Our program makes it simple. We come to your door and pick it up for free. We eliminate the hauling step, making tidying easier and turning your donation into support for disabled veterans!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
What Can You Donate?
DAV accepts these “gently used” items:
Frequently Asked Questions
- You may be able to deduct the value of those donations if you choose to itemize on your taxes. For any advice regarding the preparation of your taxes, please consult your tax advisor.
- Donors are responsible for valuing their donations.
- When you donate items to DAV, you will receive a printable tax receipt at pickup. If you need a copy, email [email protected]. At the end of the year, if you itemize deductions on your taxes, you can claim a tax deduction for clothing and household items that are in good condition.
- You can reach our Donor Relations team Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. Please call 1.800.489.9328 or email any questions to [email protected]
- Item pickups are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.