Barry Jesinoski, Executive Director
Barry A. Jesinoski, a service-connected veteran of the Persian Gulf War era, was appointed Executive Director for the nearly 1.3 million-member DAV National Headquarters in August 2013. He is the Chief Financial Officer of the organization headquartered in Cold Spring, Kentucky, near Cincinnati, Ohio. There, he oversees employment initiatives, voluntary services, fund raising, accounting, membership activities, administration, information technology, communications, outreach, logistics and plant operations of
one of America’s largest nonprofit organizations.
A life member of DAV Chapter 2 in San Diego, California, Jesinoski began his DAV career as a member of Class II at the National Service Officer (NSO) Training Academy at Denver in 1995. Following graduation from the academy in June 1995, his DAV career includes service as:
- NSO apprentice at the DAV National Service Office in Seattle, Washington;
- Promoted to Assistant Supervisor in August 1996;
- Reassigned to DAV National Service Office in San Diego as Supervisor in November 1997;
- Promoted to National Area Supervisor of Area 9 (California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona and Hawaii) in 2001;
- Appointed Associate National Service Director in later part of 2001 and assigned to Washington, D.C., and appointed Assistant National Service Director in 2002;
- April of 2007, appointed Deputy Director of Human Resources at DAV National Headquarters in Cold Spring, Kentucky;
In November of 2009, appointed Director of Human Resources, and
- Appointed Executive Director of DAV National Service & Legislative Headquarters in Washington, D.C., in July 2011, where he served until his current appointment.
A native of Ottertail County, Minnesota, Jesinoski is a graduate of Battle Lake High School in Battle Lake, Minnesota. He attended Fergus Falls Community College in Minnesota while in high school and studied at North Dakota State University at Fargo. Jesinoski is also a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) having earned his initial certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute in 2008.
Jesinoski was medically discharged from the Marine Corps in 1993.
Jesinoski and his wife Jennifer, reside in Union, Kentucky. He is the father of two sons, Weston and Connor.
Connect with Barry