Join more than 1 million of your fellow veterans who have joined DAV to take advantage of the wide range of member advantages.
DAV is an organization of veterans helping veterans. We receive no government funding and look out for our members 100% of the time because we have been in their shoes. We are proud of our 90+ year history of helping our country’s veterans, proud of our record of fighting for your rights and proud of working alongside so many other non-profits and advocacy organizations to make sure that we fulfill our promises to the men and women who have served. Most of all, we are proud to serve our country’s veterans as you so steadfastly served us.
Membership in DAV includes access to a wide range of money-saving advantages for you and your family. These generous partners stand by our veterans through a variety of programs, products and services.
Apply ONLINE or print and mail Membership Application.
Download the application (PDF), fill it out and mail to Disabled American Veterans, Attn: Membership Dept, PO Box 145550, Cincinnati, OH 45250.
Who is Eligible?
Any man or woman:
- who served in the armed forces during a period of war or under conditions simulating war, and
- was wounded, disabled to any degree, or left with long-term illness as a result of military service, and
- was discharged or retired from military service under honorable conditions.
As a DAV Member, in addition to our programs and free services, you are entitled to Member Advantages, which gives you access to a variety of important programs, products and services. Also included with your membership is a FREE subscription to DAV Magazine.
What does DAV do for you?
- Helps returning veterans transition back to civilian life by linking them with services that address their physical, emotional, and financial needs.
- Provides free, professional assistance to veterans of all generations in obtaining VA and other government benefits earned through service.
- Fights for veterans’ rights on Capitol Hill.
- Links veterans to job training and job assistance programs.
- Funds rehabilitation programs for veterans with severe disabilities, such as blindness or amputation