Thank you so much for inquiring about making an IRA qualified charitable distribution (QCD), also known as an IRA rollover gift. Here are a few notes for giving in this tax-advantaged way:
- Those at age 70 ½ or older can give up to $100,000 to charity per year by way of a QCD.
- The transfer helps to fulfill your annual IRA required minimum distribution, and reduces your tax burden.
- To proceed, please contact your IRA administrator (Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, Edward Jones, etc.)
- Request that your QCD be transferred to the DAV Charitable Service Trust, 3725 Alexandria Pike, Cold Spring, KY 41076.
- Have this Included in the check memo: “For DAV general programs and services.”
- Ask your IRA administrator to include your name and address for acknowledgment purposes.
- Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of what company is sending the QCD, and its approximate value, so we can be sure to acknowledge you. (More often than not, the financial company does not include the donor name and address.)
If you are ready to give directly from your IRA today, DAV supporters can also use our easy on-line tool with our partners at FreeWill.
To learn more about ways to support our work, and how your kindness will have a wonderful impact on the lives of disabled veterans, please contact us any time. You can email us at email@example.com, visit www.davplanmygift.org or call 800-216-9802 ext. 1
All that we accomplish for disabled veterans is thanks to caring and generous people like you. We can never thank you enough!